Prep Time 30 minutes
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Table Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cardamon (optional)
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
1. Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. I use cardamom and cinnamon interchangeably with this recipe. Sometimes I use both! They both pack a lot of flavor so just a pinch will do.
2. Melt Butter and cool slightly
3. Whisk buttermilk into cooled butter and then whisk in the eggs and sour cream.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Use a large rubber spatula and fold together until just combined. Use a minimal amount of strokes – some lumps might remain. Let stand for at least 15 minutes – this will give the sour cream and baking soda time to react.
5. Pour 1/4 cup for each pancake onto a hot oiled skillet or griddle. When bubbles start to uniformly appear it’s time to flip. These pancakes will rise nicely so let them cook for at least 2 minutes on the second side. Don’t forget to use quality (LOCAL if available) syrup. Enjoy.