Peanut Butter Cookies – Gluten Free
I TRY to keep our cookie jar full and I have a few go to recipes that I use to make sure our guests with cookie cravings in the middle of the night have somewhere to go. When I know I have a gluten free guest checking in to the Scranton Seahorse Inn my peanut butter cookie recipe the one I use. It is so ridiculously simple but so nutty and delicious. They are so satisfying at midnight with a cup of coffee or tea too.
This recipe makes 24 cookies. It’s 1 of everything so it’s quite easy to double, triple or quadruple. Do what you gotta do!
- 1 cup good quality creamy peanut butter.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Seasalt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease cookie sheets or line with parchment or silpat.
- Beat together peanut butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add beaten egg and baking soda to peanut butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of dough into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
- Place dough balls one inch apart on cookie sheet. Do the thing we all do with a fork to our peanut butter cookies.
- Sprinkle each with a little seasalt.
- Bake until puffed and a golden pale, about 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet about 2 minutes and then transfer with spatula to rack to cool.
- May be kept in air tight container at room temperature for 5 days. If you have a wall safe – store them there.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.